To do so, open the app, search for your phone, select ROM (your region) and download according to your phone’s current build version. You have successfully installed ROM on your Xiaomi smartphone using Mi Flash Tool. If you have any doubts while using the Mi Flash Tool, do let us know in the below comments. Most smartphones automatically make a backup in the background. But to make sure you take everything to your new device, you need a full backup.
- This does the same as stock android recovery yet it has some additional features.
- These .zip files could be anything from a custom kernel, boot, recovery, MODs or full custom ROMs.
- Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro comes with 6.67 inches Full HD+ IPS LCD screen.
- The extracted folder should contain the tool’s executable, libraries, and other files.
- On the other hand, many users like to flash a custom ROM that offers a variety of features and customization options.
If you have flashed a Global ROM to stock firmware file a previously Chinese ROM Xiaomi phone, or vice versa, relocking the bootloader will result in your phone being bricked. The bootloader is responsible for ensuring the correct operating system is selected when you first power on a device.
If you carry a OnePlus device then this file is placed in payload.bin. There are many reasons why you want to bid adieu to TWRP in spite of the goodies that it offers. Firstly, many users out there are still using unofficial builds of the recovery. Ensure to install the right custom ROM on your Android phone. Do NOT proceed if the firmware is incompatible with your phone model number. A. Typically, the flashing process takes between 5 and 10 minutes. However, it could take a bit longer sometimes to reset your device.
Read Me Once Stock Firmware process will affect your Xiaomi Redmi Pro phone data like images, videos, and files. We advise you before starting Flashing firmware you need to create a backup and save it in a safe location. Some devices like Redmi 4, Redmi 3S/ Prime, etc might get a screen like this, don’t worry. Select recovery from here, then click the blue button.